Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Red Dawn as Available via Youtube

Sorry, not a gaming related post here per se, although I do think Red Dawn is pretty much a textbook on running a Twilight 2000-esque campaign in 1980's North America. A band of young inexperienced mid-western high school kids who must fight a guerilla war against the Soviet War Machine as it invades their homeland? You can't get any better RPG campaign fodder than that. Growing up in Alaska in the early 80's, Red Dawn was a much talked about film, and as far as I can remember, one of the first, if not the first, movie I ever saw on VHS.

Scouring around Youtube during lunch, I managed to find the movie broken down into a number of segments. Here they are, for your viewing pleasure.

I will point out that whoever put the movie up had a lot of...fun...with the subtitles. Let's just say it adds to the experience...

Part One



Part Two



Part Three



Part Four



Part Five



Part Six



Part Seven



Part Eight



Part Nine



Part Ten



Part Eleven



Part Twelve



Wolverines!

2 comments:

dicecipher said...

Well there is always the Price of Freedom done by West End Games way back when.

David Larkins said...

Sweet! I actually saw Red Dawn on the big screen a couple months ago at a midnight triple feature (billed with Wargames and Invasion U.S.A.). The day Patrick Swayze died I was also getting a new computer, so I named it Jed Eckert in his honor.

I've wanted to run a "reverse" Red Dawn campaign of teenage Soviet partisans fighting in WWII for a while now...