Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Actually Not Making This Up

I've been pondering for a while now what I'd run as an introductory / first playtest adventure for my Tankards and Broadswords RPG. Something set in a historic period? Lots of people who responded to my Historical Settings post a little while ago really liked the idea of gaming during the Age of Rome. That jives with me, especially since one of the historical campaign primers I'd like to develop one day would focus on Rome.

But on the other hand, purely historical RPGs tend to not really catch anyone's eye. Sometimes, adding even a little tidbit of the supernatural is all it takes to pull people in and make them go "Hmmm".

And then I saw this, and it all came together:

























Yes, this is real. No, it's not an April Fool's Day joke. Read about it here.

1 comment:

sonsoftaurus said...

Great find. That's one I'll definitely rent.