Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November is Writing Month For Me

So many things to write, so little time.

I'm sure every other would-be novelist on the planet is aware that it's National Novel Writing Month right now. It's also apparently National Blog Posting Month, which I didn't know about until a friend of mine posted the first of her NaBloPoMo posts yesterday. Unfortunately for me, it's also the start of the real crunch time for my grad school term project, and since this class is firmly seated in the middle of that big round ceramic bowl we all know so well, pulling off an acceptable grade is going to take some real elbow grease.

In other news, I changed the format of this blog some, to make use of Blogger's templates and come more in line with the designs of my other two blogs. And, after two and a half years, I figured it was time for a change. I don't know if I'm 100% happy with the look of the blog right now - I might do another title graphic - but it'll do until I drum up something better.

Even though I've got schoolwork to attend to, I still want to write. I'm 20K words into a fictional work right now that I'm actually very happy about. I know that Novel Writing Month encourages people to get through 50K words, but since A) that's not going to happen, and B) I'm not officially participating anyhow, I think I'll simply make an effort to double what I have by the end of the month. Even if I don't achieve that goal, it'll help me get a lot more meat on those bones.

I also hope this month to get through some more blogging. I've sorely neglected both this blog and my other two outlets, and although I don't think much of what I'll be writing about is going to be gaming-related, I hope that it will still have some relevance. I hope to have another few posts, mostly on writing and fictional conflict, sometime in the next week or so.

Oh, and I took the plunge and opened a Twitter account. I'm not really a Tweeter, but now and then things come to mind I'd like to share that don't warrant a blog post. I've set myself up to follow a few RPGers and a few people I know, and eventually I may make the link more available. We shall see.

Until then, just remember: a writer writes, always.

5 comments:

Keith S said...

Good luck meeting your writing goals! I'm participating in NaNoWriMo again this year (even-numbered years have been successful ones in the past, so I'm hoping to continue the string!)

Jack Badelaire said...

Thanks for the warm wishes, and good luck to you too - even if we don't reach our goals, better to try and give it one's best than not try at all.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hi Jack and Anarkeith. Raising my cup of Joe and wishing you both good luck and Happy Writing :-)

Jack Badelaire said...

Thanks Ivy - the encouragement is much appreciated!

The Happy Whisk said...

20K into a project is great work. You've got tons on your plate and I'll be back to read about your progress.

Happy Writing, Jack.