Thursday, July 26, 2012

Awesome New Review for NANOK!

I really wish Amazon had a feature for authors that allowed you to be alerted when a new review was posted of your works, because this one's a few days old. However, I just have to share with you the following review for NANOK and the Tower of Sorrows:
One more sip of Michael Moorcock's too-absinthe-for-its-own-good Elric threatens to make you ill? Mix one part Marvel's old B&W Savage Sword of Conan with one part trash-talking Schwarzenegger action flick, add a splash of Lloyd Alexander's The Chronicles of Prydian and two splashes Sergio Aragones' Groo, shake violently to the consistency of frothy blood, and the resulting refreshing cocktail is Nanok and the Tower of Sorrows. Will there be a chaser Mr. Badelaire? 
Mr. Molesworth, there will indeed be a followup to NatToS. I know the broad-brushstrokes version of the plot, I just don't know when it will be written. Once I get COMMANDO: Operation Arrowhead out the door, I want to write a sequel to Rivalry, then perhaps the Nanok sequel, before I work on the next novel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird. Back in 1991, I made a feature-length barbarian movie "Nanok the Mighty". A pure backyard production made by 16-year-olds, the movie recently enjoyed a spike in its cult popularity with a 22nd anniversary screening at a local arts fest (http://thistownissmall.wordpress.com/art-in-the-open-2012/victoria-park/).

Of course "Nanok" is just a corruption of "Conan", so it shouldn't be so surprising, but it's still neat that I should come across your Nanok fiction this same summer. Cheers! :) -zac