Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tankards and Broadswords Awakens!


So...yeah! It's been a couple of years since I posted, but I'm resurrecting this blog because of a number of developments in the Fantasy / Gaming front going on over here. Many thanks to those of you who've kept me in your feed - comments here are always welcome!

http://amzn.com/B00HNY0H9U In January of last year, I published a Swords & Sorcery novella, Spiders and Flies. It was largely written back in 2001 as an homage to pulpy S&S fantasy fiction a la Robert E. Howard and the like, set in a world I had created as a campaign setting for my SCORE homebrew RPG system. So far, sales have been slow, but I get a nibble now and then, and reviews have been overall very positive, which is quite nice.

The story follows four adventurers as they trek into a nearby desert wasteland in order to plunder the abandoned temple of a mostly-forgotten spider god. As you might guess, things don't go as smoothly as the treasure-hunters anticipated! There's a lot of adventure and bloody violence, and it is a short, quick read of about 20,000 words, enough to entertain you for about a hour's reading pleasure. It is available on Amazon as either an ebook or a paperback.

http://amzn.com/B00L1V2ID4 My friend and fellow author Dan Eldredge has published his second novel, The Grand Masquerade. This is the sequel to his debut work, The Pirates of Alnari, which I posted about two years ago.

If you like brutal, very realistic high-medieval combat, diabolical political intrigue, massive land and sea battles, and plenty of adventure, these books are a must-read. If you combined the coolest aspects of the Game of Thrones books and Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey and Maturin novels, you'd get this series.

The Grand Masquerade (as well as The Pirates of Alnari) is available in ebook and paperback formats from Amazon. Click on the cover photo to go to the book's Amazon page.

In addition, I've put out two more COMMANDO novels since this blog was active - Operation Cannibal and Operation Dervish. Both are available on Amazon in ebook and paperback formats, and you can find them by clicking on the links provided to the left of this post. There's also my Western novella, Renegade's Revenge, and my '70s era men's adventure novel, San Francisco Slaughter. Both of these are also available on Amazon in ebook and print versions.

Beyond my writing, I've started gaming again. I'm running a 5th Edition Dungeon's & Dragons campaign, and I'm playing in a 4th Edition campaign. All I have to say is, WOW - the differences are enough to give you mental whiplash! More on this to come in more followup posts.

4 comments:

taichara said...

I've been plinking along with fiction writing (although not entirely likely to appeal to the same audiences, I daresay ;3) but have let my gaming writing lapse some time ago for reasons.

5e looks like grand fun, though.

Nice to see you again ;3

Jack Badelaire said...

I just took a lot at your gaming blog, and I had to chuckle - you've got *280* posts in 2009!

Glad this popped up in your feed and you dropped by to say hello. I do indeed enjoy 5E, as it seems to hit all the things I liked about Castles and Crusades, but takes those ideas a couple of steps further.

taichara said...

All those posts just makes it more obvious when I then dropped off the map ;3

Someday I may start up again, I don't know, lol.

SK Digital Dubai UAE said...

This will be the first time that I have EVER used a published/pre-generated adventure

dallas seo consultant